There's of course more than just caves in Taman Negara. Everything is about the forest.
Then, we took a little boat ride (it's all boats you see, no cars no bikes, just boats boats boats) to the canopy walk.
So there we were, happily trekking up Bukit Teresek.
Met honey bee's home. See see see, so unique. The entire pipe-like thing is made out of honey, and over a period of time, they harden and becomes a solid shell for the bees to live in.
Honestly speaking I had no idea what's so special about Bukit Teresek. Till we reached the top. Smart Guide : "From here, you can see the peak of Gunung Tahan!! Tada!!"
My sister, Mom and I faces turned -.-''
I can very well see Gunung Tahan's peak on postcards, google, magazines. Besides, it doesn't resemble a hill peak (unlike those who trek to see Mount Fuju - Now that's something). Just green trees covering a hill like how you can see it EVERYWHERE!!!
Just because I don't really fancy trekking, thats why I couldn't appreciate the hoo-haa about seeing Gunung Tahan's peak. But if a avid trekker does make it up here, it's the journey that is fun, not the outcome. Hence seeing Gunung Tahan's peak is just some sort of an excuse.
People may ask :"you trekked Teresek Hill for what? Got what to see?" And you can go GUNUNG TAHAN's PEAK!!!
Here's a MACHO pic of me trekking.
But if you just look right at the back (red arrows pointing), those are 2 middle eastern girls who are MEDICAL STUDENTS TOO!!!!
What I don't understand is how they can trek a jungle in such nice clothes. Beautifully coloured dress and 2 layers of tudung. 1 pink 1 red, can match marrr. Not hot wan meh??? Even some of the malay tourist there are practical enough to wear long tracks and long sleeve shirt. But these girls literally has their best clothes on (with sequins some more) shiny shiny jinggly jinggly. Even on the mud day.
Then their pants and pretty shoes got all muddy. Poor thing!
When we reached back to the canopy walk, it was still another half and hour or more wait. A group of Australian womens were sitting just behind me at the waiting area bitching about their husbands and the trip.
Aussie Women 1 : My husband told me we were going somewhere lovely, and I ended up here.
Aussie Women 2 : My husband told me he brought food, now I'm hungry and thirsty.
Husband of Aussie Women 1 : Stop complaining already, here's a some lemonade (sprite actually)
Aussie Women 1 : Thanks you HONEY BUNNY!!!! (that's the stolen nickname for ZhiVen now)
On the canoppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
It's kinda cool up there. At the tip of the forest.
My face turned spastic the moment my dad took a candid shot. It's really scary at first.
Okay, don't stare. Best part of Taman Negara yet to come. =)
Adios!!
No comments:
Post a Comment