But now, well its a much different story. So Pa, Ma, Mei, don't worry okay I kinda love it here. Weather today was so sunny, it's almost Malaysia. Thomas Jefferson University is smacked right in the middle of the city, and I love the buzzling sounds of busyness around here. Everything is within walking distance, be it Starbucks or Wendy's or grocery shopping or pharmacies. From time to time there will be ambulance's siren, or helicopter sounds. I don't know why, but I like it. Hehe.
You can't never get lost in Philadelphia. Everyone here knows where Thomas Jefferson University is. Its like the most Yao-Yeng institution to belong to that you get discounts everywhere you go. Be it eating or buying groceries. Love it. I'll proudly wear my name tag everywhere I go. Or walk out in scrubs although its the ugliest thing to be seen in. You know how I manage to find my way here on the very 1st day? Easy, there are huge flags everywhere you go around the city, if the building is Thomas Jefferson.
Lovely isn't it. *big fat grin*
The moment I reached, I met Aaron and YinnKhurn at the lift, and we were brought to our 1st destination for lunch.
See what I told you about discounts.
Portion is HUGE. Crazy HUGE. And the rest just gulp the whole thing down like human stomach was programmed to fit in so much food. Well, not mine though, I had to share with Ven. In fact I still share everything with Ven.
So lets bring you back to my lovely dorm first alright. Here's what's outside the dorm. Martin's hall to be precise.
Room was a mess the moment I shifted in. Well, empty and blank. Not really the way I like it.
That was also the reason why I didn't want to post those pictures on facebook. Yucky room. But now it's a different story. I get to go home to a cozy room, with a lovely figurine to hug (haha that's you Ven), fluffy pillows, stocked up fridge, ahhhh. Feels homey.
Lets give you a tour shall we?
Here's my bed + study area. I bought those wall decorating stickers from Msia's pasar malam and stuck them to the wall, so now I have lovely sakura flowers with dropping petals on the wall. And a nice photo frame of pictures containing images of my loved ones. Daddy Mommy Sis and Viva. Oh, Jess you're in it too. Touched not!! Click the image to enlarge and see if you don't believe!!

Here's my study area. Or rather the computer area. I don't know, I can't decide yet. See I get to stare at a lot of other pictures too.
Here's the clothes area. I've got a purple steam iron, a pink rug (hearts max), a coat area, huge mirror, laundry bags, and loads of shoes.

My little food bar. The little container on the floor contains cooking pots, frying pan, chopping board, knives. I put the plates and cups on the air vent so they dry easily. Smart leh. And beside the black fridge and oven are snacks and drinks. Lovely! Oh, note that I also have a rice cooker, slow cooker, and a water boiler. Gosh I spend so much on them.

And lastly, my little make do dressing table. Actually the 2 drawers are supposed to be under my bed. But I pulled them out and stack them up to make them a little dressing table. I never had a dressing table in my life and I can't believe this make do one is my first. Love it love it.
Haha. That's all for now. Will try update once I have the time. No guarantees though.





No comments:
Post a Comment