Monday, July 19, 2010

Thermometer of its kind.

Been so so tired these days. Hardly find any time to study after coming back from the hospital. I usually just end up taking a nap which screws my body clock further because then I can't fall asleep at night, and don't get enough sleep again the next morning. And the cycle continues. Really need to start cramping in more study time there.


God bless whoever invented "weekends". I now truly experience the meaning of Work Blues on Mondays, and I find myself becoming more energetic when the weekend draws nearer. People on my hospital floor always play a "who's weekend is the most interesting" game and I always lose because I always say I'm gonna sleep in. Haha. Sleeping in is the most blissful feeling!


Okay let me show you guys something.


One very special item that caught my attention and made me WOWed at the Glass Museum I was talking about in the last post. 


3 points to whoever guessed what this is.

.

.

.

It's a thermometer. Crazy cool huh? Thermometer that uses physics. You see, each glass cylinder has multiple glass bulbs containing a liquid of a different density. When the temperature drop, some of the liquid loses density and hence the bulb carrying the temperature's number rises. Here, take a closer look.


See? Each bulb carries a little number tag at the bottom. Now mind you all the temperature is in Fahrenheit. (gosh imagine if its 70 degree Celsius out there).


I think its super genius and super cool for something like this to be invented. No?

No comments: