I realise I am getting lazier each day in terms of updating this place.
I just received pictures from friends on CNY stuff. =) A little late, but better late than never.
I had to say, this CNY was a totally different CNY for me. For once, I did not shop for any clothes to wear on the ONE special day. Secondly, it is the first time I had to be alone away from family. And thirdly, it is the first time I ever bothered putting together an event for. Haha.
So the very night before CNY, we had our "tuan yuen fan" at a restaurant which resembles home. Penang! Haha. Ordered a very chinese meal for ourselves.
On our way out!
With our PGY 3 lishien!
Fishy.
Kuay Tiao
Mango Chicken. (no prize to guessing who ordered this)
SuhYueh, PGY1
And the photographer/future neurosurgeon
I like how everyone is so happy in the picture. Actually, everyone was very chatty and happy on the night itself because its been ages since a whole group of Malaysian actually get together and have a nice sit down meal together. And just being Malaysians in general, and having YinnCher there, there is bound to have A LOT OF NOISE as usual.
And then the weekend after, I made YeeSang and have everyone come over to Martin basement to have a little gathering.
I extended the invitation to my fellow friends in TJU too since CNY is for all Chinese! And we have Vi-Zanne and Cindy join us too. More Malaysians!
Yee Sang! (my very first attempt lor)
With Siyi! (best cook/chef I knew)
And yes meimei I am wearing your dress!! Nguahahahah *evil grin*
Our steamboat material (so that we lousy chefs don't need to cook) haha
May and Queen! We're all red!
The boyzzzz. (ZhiVen, Krish-malaysian also, and Bing!)
Everyone excited before YeeSang is starting!
Cindy! The pgy 2 pediatrician! (we have people in all walks of life)
The beans that kept YinnCher's mouth stuffed. And made hime a little quieter.
Josh n Emz.
Cindy again (I think she is so pretty)
I have a video of everyone "Lou Sang"-ing. But I can't find it at the moment. Sobs sobs. But we took a pretty long time trying to teach the Americans what YeeSang is, and teach them how to "lou" and not "throw" haha. Everyone had fun, and they gained a little bit of insight to our Malaysia traditional CNY dish too. Having to throw vegetable in the air is kinda fun. Haha.
We stopped by TuttiFrutti for froyo right afterwards. And Vi and Eddy is now in the picture! A little blur though cos the cashier focused on the background istead of us. Haha.
It was a good CNY for me, considering I never expected CNY to be celebrated. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment