Monday, July 25, 2011

The Line



The toughest decision to make in life, well in my life at least, is knowing when to draw the line. The thin little line, invisible to the naked eye, for a balanced life. This past year has been tough. The crazy work hours, and the emotional turbulence. It is really too much for me to take, especially when 101% of your time and effort goes into everything you do, and there is no gratification. Sometimes I wonder if I am aiming too high, or expecting too much. Where do I draw the line? Where should the line go in terms of trying to be myself, and not feel bad about being myself. I think I am ok, if not somewhat good at pretty much most things, just not in every manner. And it is hard to pretend to be so, hard to sound smart yet look approachable and have a constant burst of energy at 4am in the morning.


I need a line to tell me, that it is okay to not be awesome, and tell myself that it is okay that other people are awesome, and I am less awesome, and it is totally okay, and I am happy with that. I want to be happy knowing that there is always a line there, and that nobody is perfect, and other people have lines too.


I really pray the road ahead of me is smooth. No more rough bumps please. No more. I think my tiny heart and small brain cannot take such obstacles for any longer.

No comments: