Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Never Ending. . . . . . . . .

I do not know why I have so many pictures yet to be posted on my San Francisco trip. It seems like I went crazy with picture taking within that 5 days. And I am too lazy to slowly crop them nicely and post it all at once, hence I am staggering the pictures. Come to think about it, it was a month ago when I was there. And here I am, still posting crazy loads of pics. Lolz.

Bear with me. The nicest of all picture is still not up.


If any of you have watched the movie "The Rock", or has a boyfriend like mine who absolutely loves the show and made you watch it 3 times with him, or have extremely good general knowledge about prisons, you would have heard about the famous "Alcatraz". (Trust me, I never heard of it until I watch the movie). It is a deadly island, a land that is not suitable for plantations, and suffers extreme weathers, and is surrounded by deadly waves crashing into the rocks. Hence, a perfect place for a prison. 

The view from Alcatraz island.

All I knew about this island was that is has a prison in which noone EVER in the history of mankind had escaped from it successfully. Many attempted and either died in the process, or disappeared. Well long time ago, this island used to be San Francisco's fort because of its strategic location. They held slaves and prisoners during war times, and realize that this island was perfect for a prison, and hence built one.


How do I know all these? Because they have an award winning audio tour to accompany you throughout you visit. Which was pretty good. It forces you to spend a good one and half hour walking around the story lanes of gruesome incidents in the prison, which decorated cells to show. 

Bars give me chills. Prison bars. 





More touring around the city after that. The cable car was pretty scary as I kept thinking the cars passing by will chop my hands off. I need those for a living. 

@ Union Square. My hotel was just next to this beautiful plaza.  

Another postcard shot of SF. The night view from above! (Not the last of pics yet lolz, more to come)

No comments: