Wednesday, February 14, 2024

9 Years Later

 I happen to stumbled upon this blog again. 

Wow. It has been years. The last entry was 2015, and it is now 2024.  NINE YEARS. 

I am sitting here on my kitchen island typing away in our new house in Phoenix. And my oh my how time flies. I now have 2 boys. Aged 3 and 5 years old. Between surgical residency, being a mom, being a surgeon, being an adult ...... time has just flown by. 

How do I even summarize 9 years in a paragraph? 


Here is my family. As you can see, both my husband and I have aged quite a bit. Perhaps it is the 2 clingy monkeys draining our life force. Perhaps the demands of our jobs have caught up with us quite a bit. Perhaps we look like how mid thirties look. Newly formed crows feet at the corner of our eyes, eye bags the size of an olive, thankfully no grey hairs yet. Haha! Hair and eyebrow maintenance are now a once a year ordeal. Nails are a rare treat. How has life changed. 

In all things considered, life is quite good. I'm still married (yay 10 years strong). My kids are alive and healthy. I keep in touch with my parents and sister. And we somehow all moved cross country to Phoenix after spending 11 years in Boston with our belongings and sanity intact. And yes I seem to have developed a very pessimist outlook in life. I am now at the age where I look at 20+ year olds and get envious of their collagen level, yet feel a sense of relief I am over that developmental period of uncertainty in career, life and family. So in a way, I am grateful. I have little regrets. And we'll see where the next few years brings. 

Stay tuned (for an update in another 9 years? or maybe not? who knows). 

No comments: