Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Of Redang Sun Sea Beach Sand

The sun the sea the beach the sand. Now that's what I call a real holiday getaway. In fact, I am super missing this trip of Redang with my friends. I love the island, and I love the sea. The mention of sea alone makes me all jumpy!!

So at 1030am on Monday night, 7 of us departed from Putra bus station, ready to embark on our island journey. Funny thing was, al 7 of us turned up in SPECTACLES!! Speak about being nerdy, oh well, we're medical students after all, some element of nerdiness will follow no matter what. It was quite a funny sight, seeing those 4 eyed people at a go.

The extremely LONG bus ride took us to Kuala Terengganu. And there we stoned till another bus came to pick us up to have breakfast.

Nerdy Nerdy Students!! (Wilkinson and me)

I cant really recall how much waiting we had to do. Reach Kuala Terengganu, wait for bus to travel agency, reach travel agency, wait for bus to jetty, reach jetty, wait or boat. Oh gosh. Even Wilkinson went crazy

And Denise tooAnd we all look semi-awake

The streets in Kuala Terengganu were still dim went we arrived. It was somewhat 6am in the morning or so. Lack of sleep, hungry, and impatient, we were all rather grumpy.

So we headed of for breakfast.



At breakfast

Then we explored a little of the street we were dumped at in Kuala Terengganu. And snapped snapped pictures.



And before we knew it, we were already in broad day light. Ready to board the bus to the jetty.

In the bus, we got pretty restless, I mean, you picture this yourselves okay. You're about to go to an ISLAND!! WITH A BEACH, AND THE SEA!!! (It's just like when Paris Hilton is about to go shopping) To me, the sea is my paradise. I love love love the sea!!!!!! How can you sit still man. *some pig can sill sleep in the bus -cough cough-*
We spotted a floating masjid as well
And finally, we arrived near the salty water. Ready to jump into it. Erm float on it I mean.
We're on water we're on water we're on water. If I could jump up and down in the boat I'll prolly make everyone sink.
So I just sat still and camwhored. Lol. *I would have jumped into the sea if I could at that instant*
See, all 7 of us so ber-together, and ber-united, and ber-happy happy!!!


And alas, WE ARRIVED!!! I STEPPED ON REDANG SAND. The sand there is white and fine. It's really rare to find such sand, those in west Malaysia are greyish black and coarse. SO yucky. But Redang sand is white white white. And very very fine. Even Singapore Gov import such sand for their sentosa island man.

We checked in into our 7 people room, it was relatively cozy, not really complaining about it since we had it for a really good deal. It had all basic necessities, mainly aircon and clean bathroom. Pity it didn't really had hot water despite the heater in the bathroom which didn't really work.

Before heading for the beach, we are smacked our sunblock on, and Wilkinson gay-ed around a little.
And whoaaalaaaahh. THE BEACH!!!
We played Volleyball under the scorching hot sun, oh man I'm desperate for a tan. It was a noon sun, Hot Hot Hot!! and then while Denise sun bathed, we went snorkelling in the sea around the resort area. Didn't really see much, except a couple of fishy fishies.

And lazed around a little.


We headed of snorkelling in the big open ocean at about 230. It was fun! We spotted several Nemo's, saw a stingray, saw a lot of funny coloured fishes, met little christmas trees!!

And then we had volleyball again before dinner, and played cards after dinner, and it was basically how we spent our first day there. Will post up more on the second day. Gotta rest my brain and fingers a little.

No comments: