This week was quite a waste of time. But it was a good de-stress period I would say.
IMU scrapped health issues from our syllables, and replace the what-would-have-been-2-weeks-long-lectures with household surveys and research projects.
So a group of 20 plus students were required to gather surveys from about 250 houses, and do a mini project. Naturally we were separated into the "project"group and the "survey" group.
On the very first day itself, I was already cursing non-stop for being in the "survey" group. Because the poor 16 of us had to go house by house to collect 250 respondents. That sums up to about 15 houses each. And mind you it was not easy. "Research" group just sit in the clinic and enjoy air-con. Jealous-nya.
For every 1 respondent we got, we got rejected by 10 houses, an another 5 claiming they are "not free" and probably 5 slammed the door in our faces.
I realise that the chinese, rich people are the unfriendliest, while the indians, caucasians, and the poorer chinese were much more supportive of our efforts.
Seremban Clinic was far nicer than was I expected. It's almost as nice as a private hospital, fully air-con inside, much better than Seremban hospital itself.
This is my partner for the 1st day.
More pictures of us under the scorching hot sun.
I still think its a stupid move for IMU to incoporate this element of research into our curriculum. But since we have no choice but to go with the flow, might as well enjoy it. It's quite a break from all the studying.
Day 2 started with me and SeeKi looking forward to eat our pork-soya-noodle (or so she claimed). But we didn't in the end due to some plan changes (so sadddddddddd)
But by then, I was no longer cursing being in the "survey" side, because I remembered being posted to a clinic in my sem 2 days and staying the whole day there. It was boring. "Survey" group was much more fun. Although ten times more tiring. Even Jo Wern claims so (he came over to the "bright side" [quote Kay Teck] to help meet our quota)
The weather was treating us much kinder then. And this time, I was posted to a bungalow area (oh no, more rich people, more slamming of doors!!)
Honestly, chinese business man there think they are so rich. Their bungalows in Seremban probably only half the price of an apartment in KL. Arrogant bastards.
We were half way through our surveying and it RAINED. Poor SeeKi and me gotta crouch under her mini purple umbrella and seek shelter. We spotted Hospital Tunku Jafaar, which was SO FAR AWAY. Little did we know, IMU Seremban was just 5 meters from us. I was so excited I ran to its direction forgetting SeeKi needed the umbrella I was holding. Lol.
Saw so many seniors there. M206. Nice meeting them Lol. Saw eye-sores too.
Anyway, here are a few interesting sights I encountered during my 2 days.

And the most impactfull scene was when we were at the bungalows carrying out our surveys. SeeKi was in the midst of interviewing a chinese teacher at the gate, and this stray dog kept poking its head kacau-ing her. The dog was adorable, but a tad bit annoying because it jumped up and down wanting attention. But it was such a sight.
Minutes later, someone must've called the animal control center, because they poor stray dog was caught. Cruel!! But I guess its for the better, less stray animals, less chances of disease spreading. Plus doggie will get proper meals at its shelter.
1 comment:
dogs that get caught are killed in the shelter eventually...
Post a Comment