When I was young I really looked forward to CNY very much. I'll be this restless kid at the back of my dad's car asking "are we there yet?" like umpteen times. And even if I fall asleep or anything, I would make sure my dad woke me up to watch the Penang bridge whenever we pass it. Plus, I'll always hope there is some car accident to stop the traffic so that I can get a longer look at the beautiful third-longest-in-the-world-bridge. Somehow, the bridge is sorta like symbolic to me in the form of "
Angpow's are coming I'm home"
Man, those really are the days. Now I wouldn't give a damn even if there's a freaking jam on the Penang bridge, my eyes would still be glued to my ipod watching "House" (which by the way is a really bad idea cos the car is so shaky and the ipod screen is so pewny it makes me feel nauseous but I really got no choice else I'll feel bored to Death *no swears on CNY* crazy!! ).
This year's CNY is somewhat a little different to me, I guess. I mean how often do you get to celebrate CNY with a good Jay Chou movie airing on the 7th officially (which is a blast, I mean anything with Jay is good).
Right lets get straight to my point. I'll illustrating how my CNY went instead of ranting useless thoughts. Day one of CNY was so normal, it could've been abnormal. Well, its abnormally normal. (it amazes me how things could still go on with the same routine year after year after year)
And oh well, since I am on the subject of Penang, I shall do a little introducing about Penang. Them temples in Penang at least, since everywhere else is probably close. ( I know I know, Penang's about food, not temples).
1st up we've got the "Tian Gong" temple ( or so I think it's called).
Its settled up on a little hill, which makes it very scary to drive up. Not many tourist visit this temple, but its more of like a, ritual thing for my family to pay a visit.
Then, we've got another temple, in which name I can't seem to remember. This temple is more for people to place the ashes of their dead-loved-ones. They were distributing some kinda advice in a ang-pao and I took one. Guess what mine says?
Translation : In life, think more for others, think less selfish thoughts, think more of ___ ( I don't understand that word), think less of vengence and hate, and your own personal space will increase. ( Note: the paper is PINK!!)
And of course. A visit to the world famous Kuan Yin temple is a must.
This temple is built in 1801, and is the oldest temple in Penang. It is a tourist hotspots, and lots of Ang Mohs can be spotten with their huge Nikons swarming the place.
Ancient old temple ceiling
Joss stick holder ( whatever you call that. -- gotta make sure hand doesn't get burn when u plant joss stick there. )
And mind you, the KuanYin temple is always smoky all the time. People who enter usually end up tearing when they come out due to the vast amount of smoke particles entering their eyes.
And last but not the least. Famous Kek Lok Si.
This place is always very beautifully decorated during CNY (in which I guess not many people has the chance to witness since they'll be busy in their own hometowns.)Right. That's all about temples.
Here's a little sometime on what's been going in in my home for the past few days.
CNY DECOR!! More like Me and the Decor!!And for the New Year, I've decided to try on a new pair of contact.
Yeaps, this particular one, but tell you one thing. It looks REALLY GOOD on the model. But the effect ain't the same with me.Oh well, at least it gave me the license to carry out the puppy dog look, since my pupils are bigger, so maybe it'll gimme a puss-in-boot effect.
Nah, I don't think so.Thats all for now. Gong Xi Gong Xi!!
No comments:
Post a Comment