Monday, December 27, 2010

Melting ice.


Last friday I hopped onto the plane and sat a long long long long long long long long long long journey back home. I think it was almost 33 hours of travelling from Philadelphia so tiring indeed. But going home is always something to look forward to. 

Christmas this year was just the same as any other year. Warm, and cosy. Haha. In fact I almost never have white christmas, and gladly missed this year's which would otherwise be my first to be with family. Totally worth the sacrifice. 

1 Utama New Wing

Christmas decorations in shopping malls this year have definitely been a lot better than last year's, in fact they get better and better every year. And its crazy the kind of ideas they have, one mall competing with another to be the better looking mall. 




One of my very few cravings back home was the little xiao long pao. Somehow those in Philly weren't nice and soft enough. Hence headed to Dragon I with my mom and my sister to have a xiao long bao lunch. Ordered 3 trays of xiao long bao and just munch on that for lunch. Had so much I felt sick of xiao long bao's afterwards. I guess that settles the craving for another year. Haha. 




And on another day we headed down to KL, to chom chom on KL goodies. And meet up with my daddy-kins for lunch as well. 



Chilly fish balls and mango sago. Yummilicious. My body was not well adjusted yet on that day hence the tired looking face. I forgot how it felt to be in such a hot humid place. Travelling down to KL itself I was sweating like a pig there. Super ew. But I am not complaining. I take the warm sun any day than to face the snow blizzard happening in Philadelphia now. 


Pavillion outdone themselves this year. Two years ago they had a blue and white huge christmas tree that could hold an entire choir around on the tree. This year, they felt that a tree alone was too much of a bore, and went with a whole garden full of decorations with giant ornaments and fountains. 

And the inside looked like a magical castle.



And a whole swarm of people as well. 

I didn't intend to enter Pavillion. But we needed to wait for my dad for lunch, and it was hot outside, so I stepped in to enjoy the air-conditioning, and had a jaw dropping moment when it was all gold inside. Not bad not bad. 


Pepper lunch for lunch. Yummm.


Snow Flake for dessert!

I unexpectedly met a friend who is not really supposed to be a friend to meet in KL. That's cos he was a friend from Singapore. Haha. He was on a vacation with his family to KL. 


He was happy to be dining in pepper lunch cos "Pepper lunch in singapore is non-halal"

I was also dying to check out Uniqlo. I heard a lot of disappointing stories from friends which say that all they sell was winter clothings. Which was actually good news for me. But still, it's kinda silly to have a winter clothing store in a hot country like Msia. But, I went crazy in there, and came out with 3 bags full, and a wallet that was 400 bucks lighter. 

And even ask baby to go back and get another jacket I regretted not buying. That's how crazy I am.



Finally. Crab another day for dinner.


Ahhhh. the usual silly pictures me and my sister take.

<3

Merry Christmas and Happy 2011 to all!!





No comments: