Therefore, all of us need to switch our names around here. Example : Zhi Ven Fong.
Now everyone calls Zhi Ven "Zhi" now. Because they just don't get it. They kept thinking Zhi is the first name, and Ven is the middle name. And it gets a bit tiring to keep explaining your name so much so that when people call you Zhi you just go "yes my name is Zhi because I lazy to explain a big round only to find you still not getting it".
Thankfully, my awesome parents, were even more awesome in giving names when I was born, and gave me an awesome name. Pei-Wen Lim. First name : Pei-Wen, Last name : Lim. See I never get that problem because my Pei and Wen is joined together by a "-" which makes it ONE WORD, and makes things so much easier. So I am the one and only one here going by my full name still. Instead of just "Pei", people are calling me Pei-Wen because they get it. Hahahahaha.
Now, let me tell you the story of the Yinn's. Yinn Khurn was here one year before Yinn Cher. And when the 2 brothers were here in Philly, people get really confused. They were wondering why their parents named them with the same first name??? (see smack head betul smack head, they don't get it that Khurn and Cher ARE NOT MIDDLE NAMES). So they get this habit of calling them : Big yinn, and little yinn. Haha.
Those are not only the only name issues that make me laugh. Yinn Khurn/Cher's surname is Ooi. And Lay Queen's surname is Ng. And then, the funniest statement comes out. They pointed out that their last name is super weird. Why so????
Because Ooi has no consonant in it, and Ng has no vowels.
Don't even get started on english names. People asked Joshua why he was a Joshua. He is Asian and hence Asian need Asian names. Not Joshua. Haha. That is Josh's problem.
Alright. Enough of names.
Big yinn was in town from Washington DC during thanksgiving. And he wanted to spend quality time together.
Well I should have known better, cos the form of activity they chose to spent quality time together is . . . . . .
Whole place like gaming den. And Big Yinn is using my Pink Preciux. Look kinda funny hahahaha.
Well we did have good dim sum the next day. Although the guys had a little problem waking up.
Day after thanksgiving, black friday, was a fruitful shopping day for both me and Queen. For once I bought less stuff than her. Haha. We were at the premium outlet mall (where I swept 5 Coach wristlets, a bag and a scarf) the morning from 7am till 1pm noon. Vi-Zanne and Eddie were kind enough to offer us a ride there and back and we were delighted MAX MAX MAX.
No picture of the outlet malls cos we were too busy being Tai Tai and sweeping items of the rack. Even Ven bought a whole lot more than me and is now a proud owner of a new coat (FINALLY - who survives the winter with only one coat in the wardrobe) and a bag. And a belt/hat/shirts blablala. I only got myself some nice plushies (previous post) and sweater leggings (cos they are so awesome at keeping your legs warm yet slim). And then we continued our day going to Target to get out $3 bucks toaster (in which we didn't manage to in the end cos it was sold out, *sob*)
Spotted berry trees on the way there. I am pretty sure the berries are not edible.
Whilst at target, we walked around looking for *erhem* lingerie and hats.
I almost bought the pink furry hat, but Queen said I look like I have a huge fruit on my head. (glares at her).
We had fun that day. Haha. Looking forward to next year's thanksgiving!


1 comment:
tell me about it!! from jingguo it became Jing, then JINGLES!! Victor is also a pain since I do not have it officially.. hence now i am jing/jingles.. =-='''
Post a Comment